Thursday, March 19, 2015

REVIEW: Trial By Fire by Josephine Angelini

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Trial By Fire
Author: Josephine Angelini
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication: August 28th 2014
Cover Rating: 5/5

Trial By Fire ended my love/hate relationship with fantasy. It is now a strictly love relationship. I know I wont enjoy EVERY fantasy book I read but I am now not afraid to pick up fantasy books when I go to the library or shopping.

The first thing I want to say is that THIS IS NOT TIME TRAVEL. This is world/dimension traveling. 

The beginning of the book starts out as just your average contemporary with a sick protagonist that is in love with her best friend. Too bad that best friend is the king of all DICKS! 

With Lily being sick I was expecting a weak protagonist with a very clingy personality. She was like that at first but after the first few chapters she changed, for the better.

This book has everything! Magic, some romance, witches, genetically engineered creatures(woven), a gay bar tender with pink hair and lots of drama!

There WAS romance but not an over abundance of it. It didn't feel like an insta-love situation either. But there was plenty of steamy scenes and you could just FEEL the wanting between Rowan and Lily. It was a physical thing. You could have cut it with a knife.

The author has no problem killing off characters. That makes me a little bit afraid to read the next book. I love all of the characters but I know some of them will die by the hands of Ms. Josephine Angelini. 

I am definitely curious to see what happens once Lily goes home. What will her Tristan say/do? Will she even care now that she has Rowen? Will magic work in Lily's world? 

The cliffhanger ending is a KILLER. Like holy mother of god, WHY? I need to know why Lillian was the way she was. I know she saw things while she was spiritwalking but that couldn't have changed someone THAT much. Could it?

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei