Friday, March 6, 2015

REVIEW: Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Shadow Study
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Publisher: Mira
Publication: February 24th 2015
Cover Rating: 4/5

I love the Study world and the characters Yelena, Valek, Ari and Janco. When I found out that Maria V. Snyder was going to have a book out that deals with these characters, I knew I had to have the book. I was so happy to be able to read about these four characters again. I have missed them. 

These events take place about six years after Fire Study ended, so we get a look into how their future has been going. Not only that, but it was written in three different perspectives. 

We got to see from not only Yelena, but from Valek and Janco as well. I enjoyed being able to read through Valek. He is one of my favorite characters. We got to learn about how he became an assassin and how he became so loyal to The Commander. It was interesting to see all he had to achieve to be how he came to be. I loved reading all the flashbacks. It makes me understand him a little bit more and love him more than I already did. 

Though I love Janco, I felt that his chapters were unneeded. I’m glad his chapters were very short. 

I wish that, like I did with Magic and Fire Study, that Yelena and Valek were able to be together more. Also, that Yelena's parents played a part as well. I missed them being around.

 As always, Yelena gets into all kinds of trouble from the very beginning and nothing goes the way it should. It’s enjoyable to see how she gets into and out of situations. Her life stays very busy, which means something is always going on. 

The ending has left me hanging big time and I can’t wait to see what happens to Yelena and Valek and what they are going to do about everything.  

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei