Thursday, February 26, 2015

Series Review: Crash - Clash - Crush by Nicole Williams

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Crash, Clash and Crush
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: HarperCollins
Cover Rating: 3/5

This is one of those books or series where it makes you think “Why did it take me so long to read this?” I couldn't put this book down and pretty much read it in one sitting. This book made me stay up all night into the late morning just to finish it. I’m glad it is a trilogy and not just one book because I really need more of the characters. 

This is one of those stories where you take an innocent girl and she meets, what is known as, the type of guy that isn't good for her and a love story ensues. 

Lucy is about to start a new school because she and her family had to move into their beach house. She meets Jude during one of her last days of summer before school started. Right away you could tell there was a connection between them just by looking at each other. 

Jude is known as the bad boy where they live, but that doesn't stop her from getting to know him and getting close to him. They were getting into the situation where girl meets bad boy, but bad boy wants to change because of said girl. I love these types of stories because it shows you that with the right girl a guy will become a better version of himself for her, all the while making the girl experience what love really is. 

Lucy annoyed me at times because she would turn into a typical female by trusting some other guy over her boyfriend and making assumptions without having all the facts. I wanted so badly to slap her at those moments. She put herself into a bad situation all because she ended up trusting a guy Jude told her to stay away from. If it was me, and a guy told me to very seriously to stay away from a certain guy, then I would. 

Jude is the protective and territorial type when it comes to his girlfriend and whom he loves. I love this in a guy. At times be did become too much because of his anger issues getting in the way, but I loved him from the very beginning. All kinds of bad things were thrown at him, which made it seem like he was a bad guy because of the things he did. It’s one of those times where a good guy does bad things just to survive and do what he needs to do. I can’t wait to see what will happen to them in the next book.

“Caring for someone is scary, because you both know how it feels to lose someone in the span of a heartbeat. But you can’t let fear dictate your life or else you’ll end up like me. Don’t live life hiding behind your past. Live for the moment. When you find someone you want to spend forever with, you don’t let them go, whether forever turns out to be a day or a year or fifty years.”…”Don’t let the fear of losing them keep you from loving them.” –Wyatt

I rate it 5/5  



I love Lucy and Jude. On the outside it may seem like they shouldn't be together, but they should be together for all the right reasons.

Both Lucy and Jude have temper issues, so they fight with each other constantly. Lucy’s anger has gotten worse since she has been with Jude and doesn't know how to calm it like Jude does. This may seem like a bad thing, but they were made for each other in every sense of the word.

Though they constantly fight, they make each other the happiest of people. People fight to the ends of the earth to have a love like the love Lucy and Jude have. When it comes to love, it isn't sweet all the time and that’s what Lucy had to realize.

At times, I wanted to slap some sense into her because again, she made assumptions before knowing the truth and once she had the truth, she didn't believe it. Because of Lucy, she hurt Jude several times with how she acted and how she kept leaving him. Because of Jude’s love for her he always took her back because he couldn't live without her by his side.

With a talk with her mom, Lucy finally came to accept what she had with Jude, no matter how bad it got at times; she couldn't imagine a world with him not being with her. Seeing these two together, at times, you want to yell at them or you laugh and smile because of them.

Their whole relationship is nothing but a very crazy roller coaster that will never end. I can’t get enough of them. They both have issues that they deal with on a daily basis, but they help each other in the best way they can.

Lucy has become the only family that Jude has, while Jude has become the love she needed back into her life after her brother’s death. It may not be perfect, but the things in life that are worth it are never perfect. They will always have to work at what they have, but in the end it will be worth it for the both of them.

This book was much shorter than the first, but I found it to be just as great as the first. I enjoyed seeing what situations, these two were going to be thrown into and what their reactions would be to them.

The ending I found to be absolutely perfect, which will lead to the next chapter in their lives. I can’t wait to see what will happen in it.

“Mom told me that love is like a seed. You've got to plant it to grow. But that’s not all. You need to water it. The sun needs to shine just enough, but not too much. The roots have to take hold,”…”And from there, if it pops its head above the surface, there are about a million things that could kill it, so it takes a whole lot of luck too.” –Danny

I rate this 5/5



I know I have said this a lot, but I really love Lucy and Jude together. I just can't get enough of their love. I’m a hopeless romantic, so you can imagine. 

From the beginning of the trilogy, I noticed similarities between these books and Fifty Shades of Grey. Between how Jude protects Lucy, got rich, and how he has such a temper when it comes to anyone looking at Lucy. There are a few other similarities, but those are the most important. 

With having said that, there are a lot of differences. I loved how this one concluded. I didn't think any of it was rushed at all with it being the last book. 

Time passed fast, but it didn't feel like it because we only received the important details of the lives of Lucy and Jude. The time setting is two years after the second ended. At first, I didn't like that, but I’m glad for it. 

In that time, Lucy and Jude grew. We got to see how much Jude had changed and yet he was still his old self. Not only did Jude change, but so did Lucy. She didn't yell at Jude as much when he would yell or want to do something, such as beat someone up and she was able to stay calm for a lot of it and calm him down as well. It was nice to see how their relationship has grown and them growing with each other. 

In many instances, their relationship was tested with them living apart from each other on either side of the world, but they made it work and I loved seeing it. Jude’s best friend Holly played a bigger part and I’m glad she did. I loved her when we first met her and I’m glad she played a bigger part in Lucy’s life. Even Holly’s little boy LJ played a part. 

I would have liked it more if Lucy’s parents played a bigger role. Throughout the book, she only received one phone call from her dad. I would have liked them to have appeared somewhere. 

So many life changes were happening for Lucy and Jude, it would have been nice to see how they reacted or helped them. I loved the epilogue very much. 

We got to see how everything turned out for the both of them and their family and friends. It was a nice ending with loose ends all tied up. 

In a very short time I devoured this trilogy and has become one of my favorite ones. I will definitely be reading this in the years to come when I need a pick me up.

“Yes, I've missed out on things. But that’s life, Lucy. It’s what I haven’t missed out on that counts in my book. When I look at my family’s faces, I know I wouldn't change a damn thing if I had the choice.” –Sybill

I rate this 5/5 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei