Monday, February 23, 2015

Mini Review Monday[31] The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mattieu

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: The Truth About Alice
Author: Jennifer Mathieu
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Publication: June 3rd 2014
Cover Rating: 4/5

My initial reaction to finished this book was MEH. I was not impressed and I really didn't have any negative or positive feelings.

The book is about a girl who gets labeled a slut because of rumors that some popular jock started. Big whoop. Like this hasn't happen before?That is ALL the book is about. One girl getting labeled with a scarlet A on her forehead. 

Then you have the four people who are actually telling the story. They are pathetic. They have their own secrets and we find them out throughout the book. Kurt is the only one who isn't completely pathetic.

The book is 199 pages and it took me four days to read it. That right there says something. I wasted 4 days on a book that was nothing special. I feel like the title should be changed to A Day in the Life of a Girl Labeled a Slut By Popular High School Kids.  

Overall, I gave the book 3/5 stars. 

1 comments:

Jillyn on February 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM said...

I didn't care for this one at all. It made me take a break from YA contemporary for awhile. Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't love it.

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei