Monday, February 2, 2015

Mini Review Monday[29] The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication: September 27 2011
Cover Rating: 3/5


I have owned the Mara Dyer books for some time now. I bought them because they were so hyped up and that's just what you do when books are hyped up. But then they just sat on my shelf. I even contimplated selling them at one point because I honestly never thought I would get to them. But I am very happy that I sat down and decided to read them.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is one of those books that slowly pulls you under until you cannot find your way to the surface and it doesn't let you go.

Mara is apparently a normal teen suffering from PTSD after the death of her friends. But we later find out that there is WAY more to her PTSD than meets the eye. 

Everyone thinks Mara is crazy. Everyone except Noah. But Noah has some secrets of his own that make him not able to judge anyone's mental health.

The book is fairly normal in regards to the story-line. At first, I mean. It just appears to be a traumatized girl who moves away from the death of her friends. She has PTSD and she just wants to move on with her life. She also has memory loss from the night he friends died.

Her dad is a lawyer, her mom is a psychologist and her brothers are normal too.  So everything in the book made me think that maybe it would just be a thriller. No supernatural stuff or anything. 

But I was wrong. Very wrong. 

The ending of the book was very psychological. That is all I can really say about it without giving too much away. The entire book was an emotional jab of crazy. 

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei