Thursday, February 19, 2015

Double Vision Review[3] The Duff by Kody Keplinger

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: The Duff
Author: Kody Keplinger
Publisher: Poppy
Publication: September 7th 2010
Cover Rating: 4/5

The Duff is one of those books where I started reading it and said "Oh, this seems pointless." but I kept reading because I wanted something light and something I didn't have to think too much about. I got EXACTLY that with this book. 

To call Bianca cynical is an understatement. She is intelligent and very self aware. She doesn't like social norms yet her best friends are these perfect, preppy girls completely opposite of her.

The book is mainly about friends-with-benefits and honestly I was kinda shocked that Bianca would even think about doing the things she did with Wesley. She seemed sooo much smarter than to go and do something like that. And then she was all like HEY, I'm not a virgin anymore so who the hell cares. Really? Just because you aren't a virgin doesn't mean you have to go full slut. 

I did find that the who family situation was pretty sad. It was a little unbelievable though. I felt so bad for Bianca's dad. But with what I just said, there were plenty of other ways for Bianca to relieve her stress besides humping the school man-whore.

Everything was pretty predictable. I knew the stuff with Toby would happen, why else would he have been made a character? I knew the ending was going to turn out that way. I DIDN'T, however, see Toby doing what he did. That brought tears to my eyes. 

There was a lesson in the book though. And a very beautiful love story if you look past the friends-with-benefits thing. Bianca finally got to fell what it was like to have a guy truly care and Wesley learned to not be a man-whore. They both changed each other for the better. 

At the beginning of the book I would have said 2-3 stars. But by the end I decided that it was worth more because it kept me out of a reading slump and it really did make me pretty emotional at times. I teared up a few times so that has to be worth something.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.




I have been wanting to read this book for a while. I have heard nothing but great things and that everyone loved this. I never read what it was about and I’m glad I didn't. 

When I saw a preview for the movie I had to get and read this right away so I can see the movie. 

At first, I didn't know what to think. I had no thoughts. Even as I continued to read I didn't write any notes down like I usually do. With having said that with having finished the book I do have thoughts. I went into the book blind and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was a romance. I haven’t read a romance like this before and I really enjoyed it. It was a very twisted kind of romance and that made me love it even more. 

There is Bianca, who has been having family issues and there is also the “man-slut” Wesley who also has been having family issues. Bianca needed a distraction and Wesley was her ticket. Through all she was doing with Wesley she wasn't as present with her friends and family. This was the only problem I had with the book. 

Bianca needed to take action with her dad and say something. She should not have let what he was doing to keep on going the way it was going until Wesley had to witness it and do something about it. She also shouldn't have kept on blowing off her best friends. She should have told them what was going on from the get go since they are her best friends instead of lying and blowing them off. It’s what friends are for. 

Though I didn't like how she avoided the truth about what was going on between her and Wesley I liked how everything turned out in the end. Because of Bianca, Wesley wised up and changed. He knew what he wanted and he even took her advice. They make jabs at each other, but it’s what works for them. They make things in their life better for each other by being with each other. It makes things for them seem not so bad. As well as they both have taught each other a lesson and I liked seeing that. 

This book is not your typical teenage romance and I really enjoyed that. I had a few moments where I said ‘Finally someone has said that.” The way this was written made me believe that this could actually happen. So many times when I read a romance novel, I get so frustrated at the characters for not saying what is on their minds, but that is not the case with this one. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves to read. 

“No matter where you go or what you do to distract yourself, reality catches up with you eventually.” -Gina

I rate this 5/5

1 comments:

Unknown on May 20, 2015 at 6:29 AM said...

You will need to determine what insurance plan carry out just before opting for visual insurance plan. On the whole, your insurance firm brings in revenue out of your small payments along with inturn a person make use of the services. Many Trucking Insurance carriers will bargain discounts so that you can complete these individuals on a person along with other people. This fed along with state legislation determine the effort involving insurance carriers, and in addition they make certain their operates usually are authorized.

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei