Monday, February 16, 2015

Mini Review Monday[30] Stop Pretending: What Happened When My Big Sister Went Crazy by Sonya Sones

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: Stop Pretending
Author: Sonya Sones 
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication: April 25th 2006
Cover Rating: 3/5

Sonya Sones is one of my favorite authors. She writes in verse and her books are always powerful and pack one hell of a punch. This was the only book by her that I hadn't read and I was so glad to finally have found it!

This book is about an older sister who going insane and the repercussions it has on the little sister. It is told through the eyes of the little sister. 

I would love to see another book told through the eyes of the older sister. It would definitely bring everything together a little bit better.

Cookie has to deal with some much. This book shows how mental health effects more than just the person who has the problems. Cookie lost friends, who apparently weren't that greats of friends to begin with if they left because of her sister being sick. She was made fun of and her parents didn't pay much attention to her.

By the end of the book things were starting to return to some semblance of normality. Cookie had friends and her parents were starting to recover.

I really liked this book. It might be a work of fiction but I feel this is exactly how life is for the loved ones of someone who is suffering from mental health issues. I know personally that when I have panic attacks it effects my entire household. 

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

2 comments:

Dani Rose on February 16, 2015 at 2:03 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dani Rose on February 16, 2015 at 2:05 PM said...

I feel the need to read this now.

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei