Monday, January 23, 2017

REVIEW: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - Valeria

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 12:00 PM
Rate: 5/5


Goodreads Description:
She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.



Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending. 


This book really makes you think about what is right and was is wrong
And I feel like this review could be really long as I try to say what this book made me feel and think but I feel like at the same time I will not make a lot of sense as I try to explain

I guess I will start with the fact that if you plan on reading this book you really need to be mentally mature for the content
It is not an easy content to read and it is definitely not for everyone

I had been wanting to read this book for a really long time but I am glad it took me so long to actually get to it because I maybe would not have been actually ready mentally to understand it

So I personally dont have any brothers or sisters but I do know that I have half siblings that I have never met, ever through my dads side (he has never been in my picture) so I dont think I would think the same or try to comprehend as much as someone who does

Well... I guess that with any option it just varies from person to person

Anyways, throughout the whole book I just kept trying to keep an open mind
Trying to think back to the times when people thought homosexuality was wrong and in todays world more people have come to realize that it is not wrong but it is natural and it's okay 
So I try to think of the whole incest think in that light, that we might consider it wrong today but maybe in the future we all realize that we were wrong and its okay to love whoever you want
But it was hard for me to imagine that and it would make me stop and try to come to terms with what I thought about that whole issue and trying so hard to stay open minded to the love but couldnt

Like I said, it could be because im a single child and I just dont understand what its like to have such a close relationship with someone blood related?

Its all just very confusing to try to grasp and maybe accept

But damn did this book make me think
It was a damn good book
As hard as the topic was, it was a damn good read and huge kudos to the author for taking this huge step and writing it and not being scared (probably was) for the possible backlash it couldve had
Such a taboo topic

Recommend it?
You really need to be fully mature for this read
it is not for everyone
It really isn't


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei