Monday, January 30, 2017

REVIEW: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne - Valeria

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 12:00 PM
Rate: 2.5/5

Goodreads Description:
The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Later.


Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.


It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places. 



Okay I feel like I will say this a lot. But the only way I can forgive this is if I look at it as if I had read a fiction. Instead of it being a book to be taken as canon. 
If you havent already gotten where I am going with that previous sentence and my rating. Ill come out and say it.
I was disappointed.
Oh no, its going to be one of THOSE reviews.
Yeah.
It is

The characters where ackward to me and forced and various points in the text. The characters we once knew from the previous books seemed to be completely gone. I understand that they are grown up and incluenced by all the things they had to go through but come on. What they made them seem like what just a complete 180 from the original them. Ill give kuddos to the fact that they played with our feelings with some of the scenes and go through different possibilities of the future for previous actions. 

But again, on the way they changed the characters, without spoiling on who it is, I will only say this. They mutilated what was thought of a previous character, they just dragged him/her through the mud!
That is literally what is felt like. In a particular part of the play, it feels a if I was reading fanfiction withing fanfiction. Funny enough, the overall plot twist of the book I had been discussing with my best friend before, like months before release, how she used to have this idea as a kid from the Harry Potter world, and then I read the play and something parallel to what she told me happens, I found that to be kind of funny.
This book left me a lot more questions and unrest than I wouldve hoped or expected, this just leaves all these sorts of questions that J.K. Rowling and company will need to write about to make the whole world flow smoother.
If you read the book, you might have the same thoughts as to what I am talking about.

Over all. Im glad I read it just to have it out of the way in my life buttttt I wont be considering it to be a real thing in my life, ill just blissfully act like it was fanfiction. I am hoping that the acting in the actual real life play will make me feel better about this installment though, that my minds rating for this will go higher.

Recommend:
 If you are easily swayed from one way of thinking easily, then maybe you should skip out on this one. As hard as it may be. Unless you can look at this as some fanfiction you shouldnt take seriously.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei