Wednesday, July 25, 2018

REVIEW: The White Rose by Amy Ewing - Valeria

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM


Rate:
3/5

Goodreads Description:
Violet is on the run. After the Duchess of the Lake catches Violet with Ash, the hired companion at the Palace of the Lake, Violet has no choice but to escape the Jewel or face certain death. So along with Ash and her best friend, Raven, Violet runs away from her unbearable life of servitude.

But no one said leaving the Jewel would be easy. As they make their way through the circles of the Lone City, Regimentals track their every move, and the trio barely manages to make it out unscathed and into the safe haven they were promised—a mysterious house in the Farm.

But there’s a rebellion brewing, and Violet has found herself in the middle of it. Alongside a new ally, Violet discovers her Auguries are much more powerful than she ever imagined. But is she strong enough to rise up against the Jewel and everything she has ever known?

The White Rose is a raw, captivating sequel to The Jewel that fans won’t be able to put down until the final shocking moments.

Review: 
Okay I loved the first book beyond reason it is one of the first books that I started to read that made me want to continue to read as much as I do now 
So when I found out that the first book would have a series I was like oh hell no ! Now I HAVE TO WAIT!?

And so I did! Then the White Rose came out and I FINALLY GOT THE BOOK AND READ IT ANDDDD
Boy was I dissapointed. It just kinda lulled on for the first 2/3rds of the book and I was getting so freaking fed up with Violet being so freaking annoying about Raven.
Yes she is your bestest friend.
Yes she means the world to you
But it went to these certain lengths that were just... well weird for me.
Maybe I am dead on the inside and would act the way she did, freaking the fudge out every second of the day for Raven but they... THAT
Then there is Ash, to be honest there is something about Ash that irritates me to no end. 
I dont trust him. I dont know if it is just me but I just get so annoyed with every Ash scene! And he could be considered cute in some scenes but I simply don't.
Towards the end of the book, stuff started to pick up a bit and made the book redeemable and made it possible for me to finish it, considering that shit is starting to hit the fan, it makes for things to get more exciting in the books.

Recommend it?
If you read the first book,... just know this one isnt as great as the first one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei