Tuesday, March 5, 2019

REVIEW: The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco - 4.5 stars

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM
Title: The Heart Forger
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Author: Rin Chupeco
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication: March 20th 2018
Cover Rating: 5/5
Reading format: Provided ARC/Owned Hardback

The Heart Forger by Ron Chupeco is the second book in The Bone Witch trilogy. This book continues Tea’s story but it also starts the war and her revenge plot on the people who wronged her.

I will not lie, the events that ended book one had me jumping, running over to my bookshelves to grab book two. I am SO GRATEFUL that I did not read these books without having the next one ready and waiting. The ending of book one had me snapping my head around so fast I might have gotten whiplash. YOU SAID WHAT, WHO, HUH?! My goodness. Luckily, the second book gets into the story pretty quick and I got some answers to my questions within the first 100 pages.

Reading this second book really showed me how amazing of an author Rin Chupeco really is. He writing is just so beautiful and the way she describes things and some of the designs she made up for things in these books are just breath-taking and I would love to see some of the clothing garments be brought to life. There are just a lot of visual aspects of these books that my mind gets to create on it’s own and I love that so very much.

I don't want to say that this book was better than the first one because you can't really compare them. The first book was paving the path for the story ahead of us and the second book actually got into the story and it was a much faster read. This book is more the meat and bones(haha punny) of the true story, the war and everything else we learn about. 

In the end, I feel like this book was the real start of the story. Yes, the previous book had the story and this book still have the back and forth with Tea telling her past story while being in the present but this book just felt like it had a better pacing to it and I didn’t have the issues with boredom and wanting to put the book down like I did the first few times I tried to read The Bone Witch. This book sucked me in.

Overall, I gave the book 4.5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei