Monday, September 8, 2014

Mini Review Monday[20] Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 12:00 PM










I really enjoyed reading this in Adam's point of view. I liked being able to see what happened to him after Mia's accident. 

I didn't enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed If I Stay, but I still enjoyed it very much. The only thing that really bothered me was I wish it was in duel points of view. I would have really liked to have read how Mia was healing, processing and just going about life after she woke up from her coma due to her accident. We got some when she talked to Adam, but I wanted more.

 I am really into music. It is one of the few things I can't live without. I love that both of these books have music as one of the main topics. I love that at the beginning of some of the chapters there were song lyrics of some of the tracks from Shooting Stars album Collateral Damage. I haven't read a book before that has done that and I enjoyed it very much. I like that Gayle Forman added the lyrics to some of the songs in the back of the book. 

Another thing that I did really like were the flashbacks. We got to see what Adam went through as Mia was healing, how he was once she left for Julliard and how he got back into playing music. We also got to see other flashbacks from a time before the accident while her family was still alive. Through Adam's point of view we got to see how your partner's loss can effect you just as much. Adam really bonded with Mia's parents and brother. With having lost them like Mia did it really affected him. We were able to see that even though someone leaves the physical world they are still always with you in your heart and in your memories so they are never truly gone. As Mia has taught us. 

We also got to see how when there is something tragic that happens like it did with Mia that everyone just coddles you. I was really able to connect with how a great loss can really affect you and how it can affect you in different ways. I can't wait to read more from Gayle Forman.

Overall, I gave the book 4.5/5 stars.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei