Friday, October 7, 2016

REVIEW: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 2:00 PM
Title: P.S. I Like You
Genre: Contemporary YA
Author: Kasie West
Publisher: Point
Publication: July 26th 2016
Cover Rating: 3/5

Let me start off by saying that I love Kasie West's contemporary romance books. They are all adorable and very quick reads but they also have great plots and enough issued to make the plot more realistic. Let's face it, the books where everything is perfect and rainbows and sunshine are a bunch of bullcrap. But her books are very good and P.S. I Like You followed in its predecessors footsteps.

Lily is our protagonist. She is super quirky and music is her air. I wish I could say that I loved her but, sadly, I can't. She had her good qualities but what I mostly saw was her insecurity and her ability to find the one bad quality in a person and latch on to it. She holds grudges way too long. If she could let go of things easier then she would have been an awesome protag because she had a good, albeit sarcastic, personality and she was smart and funny.

I really enjoyed the family aspects the story offered. You had Lily's family, which sounded like a normal family. Then you had Cade's family which was the complete opposite. But it was sad to see exactly how Cade's family was. It's not that they were horrible people but they paid no attention to Cade and they were just always off doing their own thing or making him help them with job related crap.

If anyone has seen A Cinderella Story with Hillary Duff, this book felt a lot like the relationship between Hillary and Chad. Even the side characters seemed similar. Very nasty "pretty" people, not so great families, and a happy ending. So, since I love A Cinderella Story, I was bound to like this book.

The book was extremely predictable. Normally I hate that but with these type of books it's actually not a bad thing because I was desperately waiting for the inevitable to happen and the wait was very beneficial because it meant that I would keep reading just to see how it all plays out.

The ending....made me yell. It can't just end like. I need to know about the song and the contest and ahhhhh. If I was standing in front of the author right now I would be giving her the evil eye and sighing very loudly. OH! What happened with Lucas?

Overall, I gave the book 4.5/5 stars.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You COULD write an ending yourself?

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei