Monday, April 6, 2020

Weekly Wrap-Up + Mini Reviews - #3

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:00 PM

Today we are wrapping up for 3/30-4/5. I took it a little slow this week since I have been reading 40 books a month all of 2020. I watched some Netflix and just relaxed. So I only managed to read 6 items, 2 being novels and 4 being graphic novels. I also watched 2 whole seasons of a show on Netflix called The Sinner. So I think from now on I am going to wrap up what I watched each week, as well.


Date Read: 3/31
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Oh man, this book was fantastic. I usually don't go for paranormal stuff in my mystery/thriller books but this one worked out very well. I really enjoyed the back and forth between the past and present, aunt and niece. It was amazing to see the paths both women traveled and how similar they were. I just wish we got to know what happened to the aunt in the end.

Date Read: 4/3
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
For some reason, it took me a lot longer than any of the other five volumes to read this one. Maybe I just didn't want the world to end but after finishing it it was still a five-star read. It was a lot less gory than I thought it would have been, though. 

Date Read: 4/3
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Didn't really like this short addition to the series. And I don't like the little skits they do that have nothing to do with the Locke & Key world.

Date Read: 4/3
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This was a very good addition to the series. I enjoyed meeting one of the past Locke families that lived in the house and how they used the keys.

Date Read: 4/3
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This was a very sad but good addition to the series. I love seeing how each family uses the keys to their advantage and we got the see two of the families in this one. 

Date Read: 4/4
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This was my 4th reread of this book and it is still a five-star read for me. I am progressing through the series again so I can read the last 2 books since I never read Defy Me last year.



Date watched: 3/31-4/2
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Netflix started me on Season 2 and I didn't notice until I was halfway through Episode 2. I kept asking myself, 'Where is Jessica Biel??. Yeah, oh well. I switched to season one and really enjoyed it. Every time I thought I figured something out... NOPE EFF YOU HAHAHAHA. I really love Detective Ambrose and how he fights for the truth instead of just accepting the easiest answer. This season was about a mother who was at the beach with her son and husband, enjoying herself, then she just snaps and repeatedly stabs someone sitting a few yards in front of her. 

Date Read: 3/30 & 4/3
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This season was a little bit more intense. It seems like the first and second season both have a religious undertone to the story. Julian is our main character and he is a murder suspect at thirteen years old. Detective Ambrose, once again, refuses to accept this story at face value. Julian is from a religious cult-like community called Mosswood and this story gets really deep and is VERY interwoven into the lives of the people in the town. Detective Ambrose isn't actually assigned this case, he is asked to come assist by the daughter of an old friend who happens to be on the case. I can't wait to watch Season 3, but I have a feel it won't live up to this season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei