Monday, April 20, 2020

Weekly Wrap-Up + Mini Reviews #5

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 5:00 PM
Today, we are wrapping up for 4/13-4/19. This past week was my best week so far. I managed to read 23 items, 9 novels, 4 books of poetry and 10 graphic novels ranging from 40-400 pages.



Date Read: 4/13
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I connect with a lot of Amanda Lovelace's poetry so very much. I am always suggesting her books to my friends. This first book is definitely my favorite of all her books. There are some stories in her other books that I definitely connect to but they don't hit me like these ones.

Date Read: 4/13
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This is the second book in the trilogy of poems and it just seems that as I go through the trilogy the ratings get lower and lower. This was a good book and as stated about I still connected with a good bit of the poems in this sequel but just not as many or as much as the first book.

Date Read: 4/14
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I am kicking myself. Okay, I am too fat to actually kick myself BUT if I could I definitely would be. I started reading Gretchen McNeil with #murdertrending and found out I completely love her writing but for some reason, it still took me like 3 years to pick up any of her other books. Now I have to go in search of the Lifetime movie version of this book. Wish me luck!

Date Read: 4/14
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I was BEYOND excited when I saw that volume 11 of Phoebe and her Unicorn has finally come out. I instantly checked this out from my library's app and read it in less than an hour. These might be aimed for a much lower age range than what I am but I adore them so very much.

Date Read: 4/14
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This is the last book in the trilogy and it is my least favorite. I loved some of the poems and definitely connected with them but the majority were kind of blah and I also disliked the added poems authored by other people. They just took me out of the zone of the book.

Date Read: 4/15
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I really enjoyed this little graphic novel. Some of the scenes were a bit confusing or just boring but most of the book was very interesting.

Date Read: 4/15
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review:
I completely adored this graphic novel. It is just so full of humor/dad type jokes. I kept annoying my husband saying omg read this scene or this scene. 

Date Read: 4/16
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This was my 4th reread of this book and it was still just as good! I love the audiobooks for this series.

Date Read: 4/16
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This was a reread for me. I enjoyed 90% of the poems and just slightly liked the other 10%. I highly suggest Amanda Lovelace if you are looking to start reading poetry.

Date Read: 4/16
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This was a cute book with some recipes and ways to self-care.

Date Read: 4/16
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
It was kind of hard to read this book considering I was going through some stuff when I picked it up but I really connected with the girl who got her heart broken.

Date Read: 4/16
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Ah, to think, this is where the series was supposed to end. I will always love the original trilogy best. <3warner p="">
Date Read: 4/16
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Review: 
This was a reread and sadly, I'm lowering my rating to 3.5 stars. The Warner novella is honestly the only part that added anything new to the story. Adams part was almost an entire regurgitation of the end of Unravel Me/beginning of Ignite Me and didn't really add anything and then Juliette's Journal didn't add anything either considering we got to read most of that in Warner's novella.


Date Read: 4/17
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Last time I read these books this was as far as I got and I really forgot most of the stuff that happened in this book. I enjoyed the reread and this really made me love all my characters even more.

Date Read: 4/17
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
There was something in the back of my head the entire time I was reading this. How did the books turn into this? These were supposed to end at Ignite Me so where did the idea to flip everything even more upside down come from?! This is probably my least favorite of all the books, besides Unite Me. It took me a while to get into the 3 POV's but after I got used to it I really loved Kenji's perspective.

Date Read: 4/17
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
KENJI, KENJI, KENJI!!!

Date Read: 4/17
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Review: 
This was short and cute

Date Read: 4/17
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This one wasn't as short and it definitely had a more serious tone but it was still very good.

Date Read: 4/17
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I LOVED this book. I laughed so hard and I kept butting my husband saying OMG THIS IS ME!!

Date Read: 4/18
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I adored this ending. I still can't believe we went from Ignite Me to THIS. Also, umm WARNER! UGH. This entire series will always be a favorite.

Date Read: 4/18
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I say this and the comic below on Edelweiss so I decided to add a few shorter books to my goodreads goal. Shorter? Nope. I really enjoyed this book. I got to learn what Bog People/Bodies are and I always love when a book makes me research stuff.

Date Read: 4/18
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Oh man, this book was so painful and emotional to read. It is a bunch of different ways people die and pass on and what happens after death. The one about the deer BROKE ME. Very sad but so very good.

Date Read: 4/19
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Review: 
I read this last year but I saw that my library had the audiobook so I decided to reread it. I still loved the story but the audiobook definitely added a little more depth to the emotions of the characters. <3 cion="" p="">

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei