Monday, April 13, 2020

Weekly Wrap-Up + Mini Reviews - #4

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 2:00 PM
Today we are wrapping up for 4/6-4/12. This was another slow week for me but I still managed to read 4 books. I didn't watch any shows but I did watch Onward, 1917 and Ma.

Date Read: 4/6
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This book was the hardest book I have ever read. I read some pretty screwed up stuff since I love Horror but this book was a whole other level of effed up. I have read plenty of student/teacher relationship books before but this one was just VERY details and it showed a lot of angles that aren't usually portrayed in the books I have read.

Date Read: 4/7
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Review: 
It took me entirely too long to read this book which was weird because it wasn't bad, I was actually really invested in the story and the main relationship. So I am not sure what made me keep putting the book down. Maybe it was the unfairness of Rufus's life that just kept hitting me pretty hard, either way I enjoyed the way the story progressed and I truly was no expecting the murderer to be who it was.

Date Read: 4/8
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Holy mother of hype, Batman! This book has been getting so much hype that I was actually afraid to read it. But... I could only hold myself back for so long and I finally caved. I adored the story and the two main characters. Love to hate relationships are always welcome and the relationship in this book was one of the best I have read. I am so sad it's a standalone!

Date Read: 4/10
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
As soon as I read the synopsis for this book I knew someone had tried to replicate the Gypsy/Dee Dee Blanchard case in book form. Only, the mother didn't die in the book. Oh no, her daughter made sure she suffered for what she did to her. The daughter made sure BOTH of her parents suffered. I really enjoyed the story and I give Rose Gold props for everything she managed to accomplish. She didn't care who she had to hurt, as long as she got her revenge on the people who hurt her.


Date Watched: 4/10
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I knew this movie would hurt my heart but that is what happens when you watch anything that has to do with Disney. I loved the journey these two brothers had and the love and sacrifice that was made at the end just destroyed my soul. Very beautiful story!

Date Watched: 4/12
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Review: 
So the rating for this movie isn't because of the content, it's more because I would prefer to see this as a tv show, like Band of Brothers. We spent over half the movie just following a soldier and there was hardly any other context and I just feel like this would be better suited for a tv show that portrays the lives of a different soldier in each episode.

Date Watched: 4/12
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I truly thought this movie was going to scarier. I mean it was a fairly good revenge plot but the action didn't happen until the last maybe twenty minutes of the movie. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei