Friday, May 17, 2013

Aliens...

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:42 AM
I just finished Ultraviolet - R. J. Anderson.Wheeew, boy was that a roller-coaster. On a sad note, one of the hermit crab friends I bought for Sheldon, his name was Leonard, must have been sick when I bought him because this morning I found him dead, his legs had fallen off. Sheldon and his other new friend, Penny, are just fine.




Ultraviolet
R. J. Anderson

REVIEW:
Upon starting this book I did not know what I was getting myself into. It definitely WASN'T what I was expecting and I don't mean that in a bad way. The plot was creative and drew you in. I felt like I was in the one in Pine Hills with Dr. Minta telling me I was crazy. I felt like lashing out because I know how it feels to have people tell you you are something when you know that you aren't. Alison was a very emotional character and I connected with her easily. Having the ability to see sounds, taste colors and everything else Alison could do seems like an amazing curse. I didn't know where the book was going to turn with the whole Alison incinerating Tori thing but I definitely didn't expect it to go to Aliens. Faraday was a wonderful character and the relationship between Alison and him was so natural. It didn't seem pushed like a lot of character relationships seem in so many books. When he didn't go back to Earth with Alison and Tori, my heart broke. I felt so much emotion for Alison. The fact that no one but Faraday believed her. The fact that she didn't even really believe herself. And after all was said and done she still got sent back to Pine Hills. I would have felt so trapped and that alone would have made me become crazy. I won't go as far as to say this is one of my ALL TIME favorite books. But it definitely is one of my favorites so far this year. I give the book 5/5 stars. (I wonder what color those stars would be to Alison)

COVER:
The girl on the cover isn't very attractive and makes me wonder if she was supposed to be portraying Alison. I like the hair going everywhere and I like the violet tinge to it.


Currently reading:
I am currently reading Cinder and Crusade. Cinder is my bedtime book on my Nook and Crusade just has sooo much going on in it that it's hard for me to concentrate and read a lot of it in one sitting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei