Thursday, December 26, 2013

REVIEW: Where You'll Find Me by Erin Fletcher

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:16 PM
Title: Where You'll Find Me
Author: Erin Fletcher
Format: eBook ARC
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Entangled: Teen
Publication Date: January 7th, 2013

REVIEW: Unique is the word that comes to mind when I reflect back on this book. Girl meets boy, girl's life revolves around boy, girl is happy. Girl met said boy in her garage... WHAT? See. Unique.

For some reason I kept thinking about The Fault in Out Stars while I was reading this and I didn't like that book too much. It only took me about 3 hours to read this book so I can't say that I wasted too much time on it but I can say I could have never read this book and my life would have gone on perfectly.

I think one of the few things I did enjoy about this book is that garage boys name is Nate and I haven't read a book with the name Nate in it and that is one of my favorite names.

I really disliked Hanley's parents until the last few pages of the book. They were all about status and didn't seem to care that their daughter was grieving and suffering. Heather was kind of the same way. She was in her own little world but at least she does try to help Hanley.

I did like the fact that the story wasn't just focused on the boy in the garage. Everyone had their own story and I enjoyed getting to know each character.

I also didn't like Nate's parents. What kind of parent instantly jumps to the conclusion that one of their sons killed the other? No parent would ever want to believe that. It just seemed like they loved Jeremy more than they did Nate.

This is just one of those really sad books where people die and someone who was connected to those dead people ends up finding love. Blah. Blah. Blah. But finding love in your garage is still unique.

The authors writing was extremely repetitive. Black ChapStick, every kiss is like the first, UGH!

Overall, I gave the book 3.5/5 Kitty's.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei