Monday, February 3, 2014

Mini Review Monday[2] Alice in the Country of Hearts 1-2 by QuinRose

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 5:46 PM

I decided I wanted to try Manga so I can fill in the spots where I haven't read enough in a month or something so I can keep up with reviews and my 100 book reading goals. So this is the first book I have picked up.

Alice in the Country of Hearts
QuinroseXSoumei Hoshino

REVIEW
I can say for sure this is a very unique view on Alice in Wonderland. I don't really like the concept of everyone being in love with Alice. It makes it harder to differentiate between characters when they are all throwing themselves at her.

I found the "clock repairing" to be very interesting. It is a great take on a different way to being alive aside from having a heart. And the idea of repairing the clock and making a replacement carrier for it is kind of sad. I wouldn't want someone I love to be remade into a different person.

Alice brings a whole new lifestyle to these characters in Wonderland. They think that its okay to kill whoever you want because they will be replaced soon. But Alice is teaching them to have feelings and to understand that dying and getting hurt IS something to worry about.

I think if I had to choose a favorite character it would be Elliott, The March Hare. 

There was a few sexual innuendos that I found myself laughing out loud at. 

Overall, I gave this Manga 5/5 stars and I cannot wait to get my hands on the other books.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei