Friday, December 5, 2014

25 Days of Reviewmas[Day 5] The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:00 PM
Title: The Last Olympian
Author: Rick Riordan


I’m a huge lover of Greek Mythology. I will read any book or series I can get my hands on if it deals with it. So of course I had to read this series. This series has been such an emotional rollercoaster and this book is no different. 

Out of this whole series this book is definitely my favorite. There was so much action which I loved. Not only that, but our emotions were on a rollercoaster that never seemed to end. I love everything. 

One thing I love that books do is include a map so I enjoyed being able to look at the map during the war these characters became a part of to save Olympus. 

In the beginning Percy finally gets to visit his father’s palace, but under bad circumstances. Characters I have been unsure of, or didn’t like in the other books, made me change my mind in this one by their choices and standing up to fight. Such as, Nico and Clarisse. Percy grew a lot in this book. He became the leader that people needed to lead them into a war that wasn’t in their favor. 

They lost a lot heroes, but those who passed were brave as Percy knew they were. Through Percy’s journey in this war against Kronos we learned a lot about Luke’s passed. Why he left home and what is wrong with his mother. As Percy goes on he keeps on having the dreams he has about what is happening with Kronos. But he also sees that something is going on with Rachel. At the end we find out why Percy met her and what her destiny is and I think that it fits her. She is a strong character and I really like her.

As always Percy and Annabeth do well with fighting together in battle. During the war we get to see how much they care about each other and seeing them realize things just made my heart happy. Though we have tons of sadness with so much loss we get the happiness as well. We got to see how the gods and goddesses actually care and love their children very much. I believe Percy has sent the gods and goddesses in a good direction and that things will start to get better for everyone. 

I found this book to be a great ending to such a wonderful series with such strong characters. Rick Riordan has easily become one of my new favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more from him. I also can’t wait to get and read his Heroes of Olympus series. I’m glad to have gotten the chance to love these characters and read their stories and can’t wait for more. This series has been such a very entertaining read.

I rate this 5/5 stars. I would rate it more if I could.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei