Monday, December 8, 2014

25 Days of Reviewmas[Day 8] Isla and the Happily Ever After

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 7:00 PM
Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Author: Stephanie Perkins


In the beginning of the book I hated it. Isla's character was portrayed as a little girl even though she was almost eighteen. She just felt very immature and it just threw me off.  I also didn't like Josh too much from Anna and the French Kiss so when I saw the book was about him I was like UGH.

The book did portray Josh differently than he was made to seem in Anna and the French Kiss. He just had a REAL personality rather than being the emo boy who drew,fought with his girlfriend and tried to her kicked out of school. He still drew and tried to get kicked out of school but we actually find out why he is the way he is.

I love the entire book compainion series. We get to learn about new characters but we also get tidbits of the lives of the characters from the previous books and I adore that.

I was so furious about the "Christmas" party. Isla had some pretty messed up insecurities and she shouldn't have even had a boyfriend before first working on her own problems. She hurt Josh for NO REASON other than selfishness and insecurities.

I found the relationship between Josh and Isla to be very creepy. Josh already had plans for her to move into an apartment with him and he told her what college to apply for. It wasn't abusive or anything. It just moved way too fast.

And Oh My God St. Claire and Anna!!! That was so amazingly romantic. 

The ending with the comic book and the play by play ending was so amazing. It was romantic and thoughtful and if that didn't prove Josh's love to Isla then I don't think anything would have. Luckily, she isn't stupid anymore by the time this happens.

Isla is seriously lucky that Josh even wanted her back. You need to learn to love yourself before you can love anyone else.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei