Wednesday, December 10, 2014

25 Days of Reviewmas[Day 9] Angels in the Snow by Matt De La Pena

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:00 PM
Title: Angels in the Snow(My True Love Gave To Me)
Author: Matt De La Pena



Oh, look. A Hispanic, male main character who thinks he has all the troubles in the world and tries to keep everything bottled up inside. He also happens to be cat sitting in a house with no food and starts reflecting on all of his life issues.

Oh, no! A "pretty", rich white girl who thinks she has all the problems in the world and thinks breaking up with her boyfriend after cheating on him will solve the fact that she cheated.

Oh, snap! A calico cat named Olive who likes to be scratched behind the ears. I think the cat is the best part about the story. 

I understand everyone has problems in life but I am sick of reading about people who think their problems are SO BIG. I am also sick of reading books where certain ethnic groups have to struggle to survive. 

What kind of name is Shy anyways? I will definitely not be reading any of Matt De La Pena's books after reading this short story.

Besides the cat, the one thing I did like was the sharing something private game before the girl would take a shower. 

Overall, I gave this story 1.5/5 stars(because of Olive).

1 comments:

Wabeywoo on December 26, 2014 at 9:15 AM said...

I spent most of the story assuming Shy was female - do not ask why. I think the thought of it ending up being a lesbain love story made it a bit nicer...

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei