Saturday, December 6, 2014

25 Days of Reviewmas[Day 6] Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 4:00 PM
Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins


Lola and the Boy Next Door was on level with Anna and the French Kiss. I loved it so much.

The beginning was a little slow and there was a huge emphasis put on the fact that her fathers were gay. But I did get through it. And the relationship between her dad's was very cute. They were definitely great parents. 

Another problem I has was the relationship wit Max was too over played and was too drawn out. Lola took way too long to break up with him and it was highly annoying. Their relationship was obviously just a game for him and Lola needed to realize that a lot sooner. And it shouldn't haven't taken her feelings for Cricket for her to break up with Max.

I adored Cricket. He was so shy and awkward that it was impossible not to love him instantly. I loved that he was nerdy but also attractive. He had a passion for building things, like my husband, and I think that is part of what drew me to him.

Calliope was mean. There are other words for her but they aren't appropriate for this audience. She did horrible things to both Lola and Cricket. In the end, she did seem to turn around but I don't think I could have forgiven her very easily.

The end was definitely adorable. I am so glad that Lola finally figured out what she wanted and ended up where she did.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei