Monday, May 11, 2015

Mini Review Monday[41] The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:00 AM

Title: The Beautiful and the Cursed
Author: Page Morgan
Publisher: Delacorte
Publication May 14th 2013
Cover Rating: 5/5

I went into this book without knowing anything about it. I'm glad that I went into the book blind because I enjoyed going through the ride that the story and the characters took me on. 

This book is written so that we don't get a lot of anything from anybody. We get little pieces here and there. Each piece just adds up to a bigger question. With getting each piece, we experience them through four different perspectives. 

Switching from each perspective was different than from what I am used to. It changes and you have to figure out which character it is. You aren't told exactly. In the beginning that bugged me, but then as I kept reading I didn't mind and I started to enjoy it. It was different and I like different. 

Two of the characters, Ingrid and Gabby, are two strong female characters and I loved them both. They wouldn't go down without a fight no matter what the cost to them was, as long as their family was safe and alive. 

I haven't read anything about gargoyles before and I enjoyed reading about them. Learning about their history, why they are the way they are and why they have to do what they do. I also enjoyed learning about all the different groups there are that the humans don't know about. 

Between the lies, the hidden agendas, the intense fighting and the forbidden love, this made for a fun ride. I can't wait to see what will happen next to these characters and what they will do.

Overall, I gave the book 4.5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei