Wednesday, September 25, 2013

REVIEW: The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 4:56 PM
Title: The Beginning of Everything
Author: Robyn Schneider
Format: Paperback
Source: ARC
Publisher: Katherine Tegen

REVIEW: The first thing I want to say about this book is... If you are a fan of Looking For Alaska then this is the book for you. Cassidy could be Alaska's sister.

With that said, I didn't like this book very much. I didn't exactly HATE it but there just wasn't anything that stuck out to me that would make this book memorable aside from catching a human head on a roller-coaster.

Ezra, no matter how much I like his name, isn't a very deep character. I did not connect with him one bit. He was a depressed little twerp and needed a reality check. Life goes on, stop wallowing in self pity.

Cassidy is a bitch. There really isn't a much better word to describe her. She's sneaky, manipulative and sketchy as hell. She has some good times, like on the swings, but mostly she just has mental problems.

I did like that fact that Toby and Ezra became friends again.

The only other thing I really enjoyed about this book were the douchenisms. Yes, I made that word up. Basically there were a ton of douche-whatever names throughout the book and it made me laugh because guys definitely say that stuff.

The book was well written and planned out, I just didn't feel any connection to the book or the characters.

Overall, I gave the book 2/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei