Wednesday, September 25, 2013

REVIEW Easy by Tammara Webber

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 4:20 PM
Title: Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Publisher: Berkley

REVIEW: I have been wanting this book for a while. I had it on my wishlist and just never picked it up. I finally found it a week ago and I am so glad I did. I normally never instantly read the books I buy. They usually get put on the shelves and added to my TBR pile but something pulled me to this book so I picked it up the day I bought it(putting down the book I was currently reading). And, boy, am I glad I did.

This book is categorized under the New Adult genre that just recently started. The first book I ever read in the genre was
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen and I found myself really enjoying the step over the YA line.

Easy is definitely a step over the YA line with characters under the age of 25. There is sex and profanity and there is ACTUALLY a plot. I have read a few New Adult books and about 75% of them can be labeled as "smut" or shoved into the category with Fifty Shade of Grey. Not this book. Yes, there is sex. BUT there is a whole entire plot that the sex is incorporated into. There is heartbreak, school, jobs, and REAL LIFE situations that make this book entirely believable and so much more enjoyable than just some BSDM kink.

The book is based around a very touchy subject that some people might not be comfortable reading about so please look at the reviews if you do not like certain sexual subjects.

Jacqueline is the the protagonist. She is suffering after a terrible break-up and just to add insult to injury she is attacked by a guy from her ex's fraternity. Lucky for her Lucas was there to save the day.

After reading the book I did find a few parts that I didn't like. The shallowness of the girls for one. I also find it funny that Jacqueline was judging Benji by his looks yet they become very close towards the end. There was a lot of shallow points in the book but I guess that's what most people are like.

I completely adored Lucas. He has his quirks and hid a few things from Jacqueline but he had morals.

The entire flow of the book was just really lovely and not at all rushed. Nothing seemed fake and the character relationships were well built. This book just shows that no matter how bad the situation is, good things can still happen and life goes on.

I am SOOOO glad that Jacqueline didn't fall for Kennedy's bullcrap and I'm glad she ended up where she did.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 Kitties.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei