Thursday, April 9, 2015

REVIEW: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication: February 26th 2013
Cover Rating: 4/5

Before starting this I heard mixed reviews. Some loved it and others didn't like it all that much. I haven’t read anything that has taken place in the 80’s so I was intrigued. 

Once I started reading it I was having one of those moments where I was wondering why it took me so long to read this. 

It’s not your typical love story and I liked that it was out of the norm. You got the new girl who everyone thought dressed weird and the only Asian guy that went to the school, which created a truly heartbreaking story. 

Eleanor comes from a broken home, but she doesn't let it break her. She thinks she is nothing, but she is strong for having to go through what she does on a daily basis. 

Park comes from a loving family with loving parents. His parents are still in love with each other as the day they first fell in love and I found them to be completely adorable. I liked that his parents were part of the story and it showed that even after years of being married you can be as much in love as you were in the beginning. 

During the halfway mark, I was getting anxious to see how everything was going to end. It didn't end as sad as I thought it was going to, but it was still sad. The way it ended has left me with wanting more. It had more of a cliffhanger ending. It is open to more for the characters and I hope one day we get the chance to see what becomes of the ending.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei