Tuesday, April 28, 2015

REVIEW: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Girl of Nightmares
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication: August 7th 2012
Cover Rating: 5/5

Starting this, I had no idea where Kendare Blake was going to take it. The way she did was brilliant. 

For the first time in years Cas settles down and finishes out his junior year with Carmel and Thomas. He is not used to this, but they are his best friends and he isn’t over what happened to Anna. How could he be? He loves her and she saved all of their lives.

Cas focuses his time in trying to find a way to get her back to him. Being without Anna is bad for Cas. He loses sleep worrying about her. Then, it happens. Anna starts reaching out for him. Cas doubles his efforts and does all he to find a way back to her, to bring her back. He gets help from Carmel and Thomas and all those that he can. 

Everything with Anna has been tormenting him since she left and seeing her just makes it worse for him. Watching Cas go through what he goes through and has to deal with, I feel so bad for him. The girl he loves is somewhere. Where that is, no one knows, but Cas does all he can to save her and get her back. 

Through it all, I was hoping that they would end up together, even though that’s not possible through all that they are told and find. 

The ending for me was bittersweet. It didn’t exactly end the way that I wanted it to end, but I’m okay with how it did. The characters made peace with how everything worked out and that’s the important part. 

I’m a huge Supernatural fan and I got hints of the show throughout these books and that made me love these books even more.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei