Monday, June 8, 2015

Mini Review Monday[45] The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: The Springsweet (book 2)
Author: Saundra Mitchell


Starting this trilogy, I had no idea that they were companion books. This book deals with Zora Stewart, Amelia’s cousin from The Vespertine. I enjoyed her character, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read about her story, since I didn’t really care for her. 

Her story starts a year after what happened to her beloved Thomas. Zora is a sad girl who doesn’t care much for living anymore without Thomas. 

Unlike The Vespertine, The Springsweet had things happening in the beginning, which had me liking this book more than the first. 

Zora’s mother sent her to her Aunt Birdie out West to put her to work. The West is nothing like Zora is used to in the East, but she adapts. She finds out that she has magic of her own, like her cousin. 

The longer she is with her Aunt; the more we get to see Zora start to live again. She is still pained by what happened to Thomas, but she doesn’t let it continue to hold her back. She allows herself to find love again and it was beautiful to see her find herself again. 

I enjoyed this better than I did the first and I thought I wasn’t going to and I’m glad I gave it a chance. It hasn’t become a favorite, but it was something I enjoyed reading.

I rated this book 4/5 stars.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei