Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pre-pub Review: After Hours by Claire Kennedy

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: After Hours
Author: Claire Kennedy
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication: June 16th 2015
Cover Rating: 3/5

This is probably going to be a rather short review. I read this book in one night and I questioned why I even read it for the next two days after. And now, three days later, I still have NO idea what the heck I just read.

The book centers around 4 different teenagers that all work at this restaurant. There is something called Tips that they do, kind of like a dare system, and whoever wins gets 20% of each persons tips for that week and whatever other money is in the pot. The dares can be anything and I just didn't see a true point to any of the crap in this book.

Isa started a new job as a waitress to save up for "college" because she was no longer doing beauty pageants. I still don't even really understand her story. Famous singing parents, beauty pageants and living in a trailer. Her parents win the ass-hats of the year award. 

Finn... What the ever loving hell? His situation is just... NO. Wrong. Why would someone even do that crap? Just thinking about him makes me skin crawl.

Xavi is an annoying little piece of crap. She thinks she has it so much worse than everyone and that the world owes her a favor. She is rude to the people who love her and she is just, overall, not a very likable person. She also does some pretty unsavory things to get her her way.

Then we have Peter. I sort of liked him but he still wasn't that great. He is in love with his step-sister, no blood relation, and his father doesn't approve of him becoming a chef. 

They have a sleeze-ball for a boss and some other weird co-workers but the book just wasn't anything special. I found myself wondering what the point was and where everything was heading. 

Also, the book is being pitched for ages 14+. NO. Hell no. I wouldn't let anyone under the age of 16-17 read this book. 

Overall, I gave the book 1/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei