Monday, June 15, 2015

Mini Review Monday[46] The Elementals by Saundra Mitchell

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: The Elementals (book 3)
Author Saundra Mitchell


I was excited to read this because I wanted to see where the story was going to go for Amelia, Nathaniel, Zora and Emerson’s children. 

During this trilogy, I enjoyed how the elements were magic for these characters. 

We got to see them come together, fall in love and finally start a family. In the beginning, we saw friends coming together for a night. Years later, when they had their children, we saw their powers, making a show for the first time at a young age. Then, both being almost eighteen, their story started. 

Kate, daughter of Amelia and Nathaniel, wants to be a director, but can control time. Julian, son of Zora and Emerson, wants to show he is more than what meets the eye, but can bring others back to life and can survive death. Each has a cost. 

I knew that eventually these two characters would meet, but I felt that it took far too long for them to meet. Which made the end suffer because I felt it was too rushed and wasn’t much of an ending. 

I found both characters were strong. They were willing to do what they had to in order to get what they wanted. 

Saundra Mitchell didn’t just focus on Kate and Julian, but also their parents and a character from The Vespertine made appearances. We switched between all of their perspectives. Though I did like that, it became confusing at times. 

The ending has left me frustrated. It was anticlimactic. All these different things lead up to it and it just ended. Not all of my questions were answered. More could have been written for the other characters that were part of the story. 

As a whole, I did enjoy this trilogy. The storyline and the characters, but for me it wasn’t executed all that well.

I rated this book 3/5 stars.


1 comments:

Unknown on June 15, 2015 at 3:22 PM said...

Great review!! I look forward to reading more :3

http://agiantleapforlozkind.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei