Monday, June 29, 2015

Mini Review Monday[48] Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 6:47 PM

Title: Cruel Beauty
Author: Rosamund Hodge


Growing up, Beauty and the Beast was one of my favorite fairytales. How the right women can change a man into a better version of himself. So I was excited when I heard about a retelling of it. I haven’t read retellings much, if any before.  In hearing such good things about it, that made me want to read it more. 

Right away I was drawn to the story. Greek mythology was made part of the story and I am one for anything about Greek mythology. 

Nyx has been training for most of her life to kill her husband that she will be married to at seventeen to save her kingdom. But one thing she didn’t expect was to fall in love with him. She has a choice to make. Either save her kingdom or the one person she wasn’t supposed to love. 

From the very beginning things were a big puzzle that needed to be put together. Very slowly those pieces did. From Nyx sneaking around trying to succeed in her duty, Shade helping her and Ignifex just being him. 

The story didn’t fully show itself until the end. It made it fun for everything to come together in the end. Not everything went the way it should, but in the end it was happy.

I had such a great time reading this that I didn’t want it to end and just want more.

I rated this book 5/5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei