Friday, November 25, 2016

REVIEW: And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: And the Trees Crept In
Genre: Young Adult Psychological Thriller/Paranormal
Author: Dawn Kurtagich
Publisher: Little, Brown
Publication: September 6th 2016
Cover Rating: 3/5


This time last year I was reading Dawn Kurtagich's first book, Dead House. The book was weird and creepy but I actually really enjoyed it. Sooo... Enjoying her first book as much as I did I knew I had to pick up her next book, And The Trees Crept In, AKA, The Creeperman. I am actually pretty sad that I wasted my time on this book. The author is obviously very talented and it took a lot of creativity to write this book, but it was just way too much for me. The authors talent is the reason the rating isn't a lot lower. My rating is actually quite generous.

And The Trees Crept In was meant to be a scary, mentally thrilling book. It was mentally something, thrilling isn't exactly the word I would us. The book seemed to be told from a historical view point but it was actually very current. There are actually a few futuristic parts too. So that confused me entirely. 

Silla and Nori have run away from their abusive father and emotionally detached mother to go live with their aunt. This creepy aunt who seems sooo old but she really can't be THAT old since she is their mothers sister. The house she lives in is her childhood home AND reminds me of the houses I have seen on the Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners show where they are trying to make these beautiful castle-type houses clean again. 

Then after a while a boy shows up. I am not going to give his name or any details about him because he is a huge part of the psychological thriller part of the book. Stuff happens and things become even more weird.

"Huh? What even just happened?" can pretty much sum up my thoughts during this book. This book can pretty much just be filed under "Slenderman Fan Fic".

The review is short because I was pretty much confused through the entire book until the very end. Not much to really say about a book that confused you. 

Overall, I gave the book 3/5 stars.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei