Friday, November 4, 2016

REVIEW: Wink, Poppy, Midnight by April

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 10:00 AM
Title: Wink Poppy Midnight
Genre: WEIRD
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
Publisher: Dial
Publication: March 22nd 2016
Cover Rating: 5/5


It took me a month to read Wink, Poppy, Midnight even though it was a VERY tiny book. I have no idea why it took me so long but after page 115 I just plowed through it. I don't know if that's because it got interesting or because I really wanted it to be over with. 

This book was one of those really weird whimsical stories that make you think of fairytales. This book was no fairytale. It was extremely eccentric and not in an entirely good way. The characters were unique, to say the least. But the story surrounding these characters wasn't very good or easy to follow. 

I really tried to love this book and the plot and the characters but, in the end, the only good thing I had to say was that the cover is pretty. 

My review for this book isn't positive but I can say that I believe readers who liked We Were Liars might find something good from Wink, Poppy, Midnight.

Overall, I gave the book 2/5 stars.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei