Monday, March 10, 2014

HelloJennyRants - Deckled Edges

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 10:44 PM
I have decided to start something new. It wont be a weekly thing. It will more or less be something that just pops up whenever I feel the need to rant about something.

So for the first rant I have chosen deckled edges on books.

They are pretty to look at, I guess, but they make it difficult to turn the pages. And then you have the series where the first book is normal and then the second book is deckled. Why would you do that? Do authors think that deckled edges make their books more appealing?Does it tickle your fancy to have pieces of your book coming off in your hands?

I just picked up my copy of Ignite Me and I wanted to cry. I even asked the sales girl if they had any "normal" copies. She laughed and said she completely agrees with my hatred towards the evil deckled edge.





UGH! This seriously appeals to me as much as nails on a chalk board. Thank god I don't have to look at the edge of the books while they are on the shelves.

Some people find them great. Other people, like me, not so much. Where do you stand with the great deckled edge controversy? Love em'? Hate em'? Don't give a ****? Let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei