Friday, March 14, 2014

REVIEW: Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:55 PM
Title: Eusion
Author: Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
Format: eBook ARC
Source: Edelweiss
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

REVIEW: Elusion is a very colorful book. I imagined things I never thought I could in a book.

Having Elusion in the future would be a pretty awesome thing. But I don't want the highly polluted world this is portrayed in the book even though that is the direction we are heading. I'm not exactly sure what year the book takes place is, I don't think it says, but sadly there still aren't any flying cars! There are, however, meal replacement drinks that give you the protein, etc, of a full meal, laser pens to open up boxes and lots of other high tech gadgets. So if you really think about it, we aren't too far behind with the technology of this book.

I feel sorry for Regan. Her father is gone, her mother is pretty much comatose and she feels like her father isn't getting nearly enough credit for his invention. 

I was rooting for Patrick in the romance department for a little bit. The best friend is always a great romance story. But then Josh was introduced and my emotions were all over the place.  But then Patrick went all crazy nutso which left me feeling even more sorry for Regan. She couldn't catch a break.

I didn't really connect with the characters, except for feeling sorry for Regan, but I feel that it didn't matter too much because Elusion was more about world building in my personal opinion.

There are sooo many things I want to say but they would be spoilers and I'm just not that kind of girl. If you are a fan of YA Sci-Fi then I would suggest that you give this book a try.

I will say that towards the end of the book I had to put it down and take a breather. It was pretty intense and fast paced.

Elusion did pose a very difficult question. Which would you chose? Love or Loyalty. I, personally, would pick loyalty. You cannot have love without loyalty. But you can have loyalty without love.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei