Thursday, February 28, 2019

Mini Review: An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green - 4 stars

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM
Title: An Absolutely Remarkable Thing
Genre: Adult Sci-Fi
Author: Hank Green
Publisher: Dutton
Publication: September 25th 2018
Cover Rating:  5/5

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green is the story April May, Andy, and the Carls. Now what are the Carls you might be asking, well, they are aliens from somewhere that just randomly appears on the streets of the major cities in the world. They are giant statues and April May happens to be the first person to document one on social media.

April May is on her way home from a very late night at work when she sees this extremely large, extremely wasn't there yesterday, statue just sitting on some random sidewalk in New York City. She calls her friend Andy so they can film it and then they post it on social media and it explodes. Oh, did I mention they kind of named him, the statue, Carl?

This book shows exactly how crazy social media can be. April May blew up and became a superstar all because she called a friend who filmed the Carl in New York City first. This hype ruined a lot of things for April and we slowly get to watch her life unravel. 

In the end, I felt like I was reading an alternate version of Transformers but that wasn't exactly a bad thing. I will be honest, this book coming from John Green's brother had me skeptical as heck but I found a signed copy for really cheap so I decided to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I also just found out that there will be a book 2?! I guess I will read that when it comes out.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei