Thursday, June 20, 2013

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:51 PM
I finished Carrier of the Mark this morning. I know, I know, I should have been done a while ago. It was actually a VERY quick read. I've just been very busy and sick. But, all-in-all, it's been a pretty decent week. I got a few new books, with my epic amount of store credit, that I will post later and it finally stopped raining.

Also, I am going to be tinkering with my format for reviews and such. I'm looking for a more "professional" look I guess.

Here is my review:


Title: Carrier of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Publisher: HarperTeen

REVIEW: After getting through the weird similarities to Twilight, I actually started to really like this book. The beginning was lacking a bit and there wasn't very much action at all until the last 20 pages or so. Taking place in Ireland, I expected to feel like I was in Ireland and that just didn't happen. I didn't picture anyone with an accent or anything. To me, the book could have taken place in Oklahoma and it would have still felt the same. I didn't really feel any strong emotions for any of the characters and I didn't connect with anyone. Megan seems like a very strong protagonist but I have a feeling she would be nothing without Adam. I just feel that the characters were lacking feelings and personality. The relationship with Megan and Adam was thrown at me in chapter one. No leading, no surprises, just BAM. And it's kind of hard not to be able to predict whats going to happen between them. The book itself is very creative and unique with the idea of the elements and royal family and such. But as I said, there was just no emotional connection for me and the end was a very emotional part. The book was a very quick read for me. I read the last 80 pages in less than an hour. I really did like the book I just found myself wanting more than what was offered to me.

The one aspect of the book that I did really like was how Megan kept a NORMAL life while she was involved with training and her supernatural side. Most books like this, the protagonist ends up completely shunning her normal friends and becomes entirely engulfed in their new life.
My opinion of this book goes back and forth. At times it was a five star books, others it was a 3 star book. So, overall, I give the book 4 Kitty's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei