Monday, July 15, 2013

Review Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 2:16 PM
Title: Article 5

Author: Kristen Simmons

Format: Hardback

Source: Library

Publisher: TOR Teen











REVIEW: I have really been on a dystopian kick lately and this book was on my wishlist for a long time so I decided to pick it up at the library and if i enjoyed it I would buy it. Well, enjoy it I did. I thought I would just read the book in a day and do a review and be done with it. But it went way beyond that. I found myself reading it slowly, not wanting to miss anything.

I definitely felt a connection to Ember and Chase. I found myself teary eyed a lot of times throughout the book. Chase definitely frustrated me. His back and forth with the emotions towards Ember made me want to smack him with his baton. Ember was a little indecisive as well but can you honestly blame her with everything she went through in such a short period of time? She definitely is a strong character. If I would have been in her position I probably would have broken down after the first 100 pages.

I found myself actually excited that Sean was still alive. Although he wasn't a huge character in the book he still played a very important roll. I found it very sweet that Sean and Rebecca would both take a beating for each other. It showed that even in this horrible post-apocalyptic world, love can still prevail.

It took forever but the relationship between Ember and Chase finally got somewhere. I wasn't entirely sure if they would end up together with how mixed up Chase was and how angry Ember was. 

I am glad the book ended the way it did. I truly would have shot Tucker Morris if I was in Embers position. But I think she did the right thing by letting him walk away and I'm glad she didn't stoop to the FBR's level of violence and murder.

This book both scared me and excited me. Knowing that this actually could happen some day and if it happens the way the book portrays, my home area will be one of the first places to go, a little east of Baltimore, is very scary.

The cover of the book is also very lovely. You can definitely tell that the people on the cover are Chase and Ember.

Overall, I give the book 5/5 kitties.



This book held a sort of personal place in my heart because of the mentioning of Hagerstown. I was so excited about that. I wrote the author on twitter about the content and even went to Hagerstown and took a picture of Garland Groh Boulevard. I love when I can interact with books like that and I thank the author for writing about Hagerstown. I will surely try to visit a few more places that were in the book as they were mainly on the East Coast.
Another interesting fact. The 2nd & Charles I go to is on this road. And the copy of Article 5 that I purchased for my collection was also bought at this store. I got the book before the "war" hit. Yay!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei