Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review VA Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 6:30 PM
Title: Blood Promise
Author: Richelle Mead
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Publisher: Razor Bill

REVIEW: Holy crackers! This book... This book was.. Wow! The beginning was definitely slow and boring. It was mainly information, traveling, meeting people, etc. But once you got into the book there was so much emotion and action.

Rose left Lissa to go in search of Dimitri's Strigoi form. The emotional toll this book had on so many characters was unbelievable. The addition of Avery was definitely unexpected but it was very exciting and proved to be very eventful in the end.

I do admit Rose was brave. Going to a place where you don't speak the language is very frightening to me. Telling Dimitri's family the truth also took a lot of guys. I am upset with how things were left with his family. Viktoria was definitely WRONG!

Dimitri definitely was changed. He had no feelings it seemed like and I don't understand how Rose let the lust get in the way of killing him. She faltered and that really made me upset because I loved the fact that she was so strong in the other books. If it would have been her LOVE for him that got in the way then I would have understood it. It was nothing but lust though.


I'm not sure how I feel about Adrian. He sounds like he would be good for Rose but I can't imagine her with anyone else but Dimitri.

Lissa and Christian... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Rose did do the right thing though. Dimitri was gone and I am so happy she finally came to that conclusion. The battle between them was amazing and I could tell that Dimitri didn't want to hurt Rose but he still wasn't the same person.

I didn't really enjoy when Rose was in Lissa head. It was quite boring for most of the time and it just distracted me more than anything.

The fact that Rose returned home was a good idea. Her mothers reaction definitely shocked me. A lot of the reactions to her return shocked me. But nothing shocked me more than the last few pages. I was seriously in shock and now I'm left wondering how? What? HUH?! Oh my god!

I have a lot of hopes for the last two books. I hope Dimitri and Rose find a way to be together. I hope Lissa and Christian are okay. I hope someone overthrows that damn royal court!

And I just found out that the book series in being made into a movie! I am so excited for that. I just really hope they don't mess Dimitri's character up. The books definitely focus on the height difference between Rose and Dimitri and I have a feeling the actor won't be 6'7".

Overall, I give the book 4/5 kitties due to how bored I was for the first 200+ pages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei