Thursday, October 1, 2015

Horrorween Reviews Suggestions

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:00 AM

I wanted to start you guys off with a list of things I do or suggest for the month of October. So here it is.


Movies
  • Halloween 1-6 + H20 + Resurrection - Number 3 can be skipped. I never liked it or understood it. I have many theories of what it has to do with the movies themselves but it was just so stupid and not even scary. My favorites are 1, 2 and H20 but they are all good.
  • Friday the 13th(all movies) - These are just awesome quick scare, very gorey movies. I love them all. My favorite would have to be Jason-X. 
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street(all movies) - It just wouldn't be Halloween without seeing these movies, along with the other 2 I previously listed). Seeing Freddy's face just screams HALLOWEEN. 
  • Freddy vs. Jason - And OF COURSE you have to watch this after watching the others. I wish they would make a movie on like Michael Myers vs. someone. I have seen sooo many arguments over who would win and stuff. It needs to be done.
  • The Cabin in the Woods - Now, don't get this confused with another movie with the same title. This is the 2011 horror movie. It made me scream in the movie theatre and I am conditioned to not be scared at all. I have been watching horror movies since I was 7. I owned over 400 horror DVD's at one point and just nothing could scare me. This movie did.
  • From Hell - This has Johnny Depp in it and its about Jack the Ripper. It's so great and I have watched it no less than 50 times.
  • The Ninth Gate - This also has Johnny Depp in it. It involves old books and old book collections and a demonic cult situation where people try to summon demons. It is super good and I highly suggest this one.
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre(all of them) - I love these movies. The first one is a little too tame for me but the others are great. Even the newest one is pretty good.
  • IT - Everyone should see this movie. Most people have a fear of clowns so this movie scares  the hell out of a lot of people. 



Books
  • Asylum and Sanctum by Madeleine Roux - These are books 1 & 2 in a trilogy, I believe. The third book Recently came out and I will be reading it and reviewing it for this months reviews but I can't say whether I think its good or not yet. But the first 2 were okay. I truly didn't like the authors writing but I loved the story and the pictures. They are very creepy reads.
  • In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters - I loved this book soooo much! It is about ghosts and I love ghost books. They are definitely my guilty pleasure. And it is historical fiction. Yay! I hope to read two of her other books soon. Maybe one will be on the Horrorween reviews.
  • The Merciless by Danielle Vega - This book was okay. I loved the plot and everything but I had a few issues with characters and such. But it is a pretty creepy book either way.
  • The Number 7 by Jessica Lidh - This book was creepy. It isn't so much HORROR but it has a real creep factor and would be great for people who are chicken shits and can't handle the seriously scary stuff.
  • Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday - Now this book is being reprinted and reedited with stuff added from what I understand. The original is the one I read and LOVED. It is Edgar Allen Poe mixed with Jekyl and Hyde!!! I adored this book so much and I hope the author doesn't change too much in the new edited one. I will read the new one but I will keep the first one always. 
  • The Archived and The Unbound by Victoria Schwab - These books are creepy as hell. I loved the both. There is supposed to be a third book but the author got dropped from her publisher and we are all in limbo waiting for the third book. It sucks! But at least The Unbound didn't really end on a cliffhanger. 



Games
  • Dead Space
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • Alien Isolation
  • Bioshock(first one only) - The first bioshock scared me. I played it in my senior year and I had to have my ex boyfriend crack all the machine codes and crap cause I was too on edge to do it, lol.

1 comments:

Alyn on October 2, 2015 at 1:48 AM said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I am in the mood for "scarier" stuff too because of Halloween. I'm currently reading The Hallowed Ones, I think it's about vampires. I just started, so we'll see how good it is.

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei