Friday, January 8, 2016

Review: The Fall by Bethany Griffin

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: The Fall
Author: Bethany Griffin
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication: October 7th 2014
Cover Rating: 5/5

I love Edgar Allan Poe. One of my favorites is The Fall of The House of Usher. So I had to read The Fall and read Bethany Griffin’s take on his story. I must say, I absolutely loved it. I couldn’t get enough. 

Out of everything, only the ending really bothered me. For me, it felt like more could be written. I was left hanging. Now that I have that out of the way, it’s onto the good. 

One aspect that I really enjoyed was seeing Madeline through the ages. Some chapters are one age and other chapters are another age. It adds to the story because we get to see changes between the character and the house. We also get to see how other characters change over the years. Such as, her brother, their parents, and the doctors that live with them.

I thoroughly enjoyed this take on Edgar Allan Poe’s story. I think Bethany Griffin did a great job with this piece of art. 

Overall, this has become a part of my re-read list. One, that I shall read when it gets close to Halloween. If you are a lover of Edgar Allan Poe like I am, then I highly recommend that you pick this lovely piece up. 


I rate this 4.5/5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei