Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Topic Tuesday[4] - Retellings - Miscellaneous

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
So for this last week I am just going to talk about random retellings. There are so many of them out there and I know I can't possibly talk about all of them but I am going to touch on a few that I think are pretty darn good.


The first book I am going to talk about is The Wishing Spell, or The Land of Stories series, in general. I was very hesitant about reading these books because they are Middle Grade. I just didn't think they would appeal to me at all. But I was wrong. I really enjoyed the first book. The series is about pretty much all the fairytales. It is a younger persons version of Once Upon a Time, the TV show. I highly recommend these books to anyone of any age.


The next book/books I want to talk about are the Lunar Chronicles. I mentioned Cinder already to I am just going to use Scarlet's cover for this one. The entire series is amazing. It is retellings with a Sci-Fi, Dystopian twist. You get Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Snow White, so what's not to love? I urge everyone to try this series out.


No, this isn't a fairytale retelling but it is still a retelling. It is a retelling of the Bloody Mary Legend and I really loved these books, there are 2. They are scary and wonderfully written and I think everyone should read them, if not for the thrill, then for the purpose of seeing how wonderful the author writes. 

So this is all I have to post. I own plenty of retellings but I haven't read that many of them shockingly. If you guys have any other retellings you want people to know about then please leave a comment! Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei