Thursday, January 25, 2018

REVIEW: The Sea Queen by Jovee Winters - Jenn

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM

SYNOPSIS:

Calypso, Queen of the Seas, is mad. Spitting mad. Ghosts of the dead are fouling her waters. She wants this problem fixed, and she wants it fixed now. Rushing off in search of Hades, Lord of the Underworld, to demand answers, she’s soon shocked to discover him bound and standing trial before a jury of his peers—for nothing less than murder. 

Calypso normally despises the beastly gods, all of them, but there’s something about seeing Hades bound as he is that gives her an evilly clever idea. Tired of being a virgin queen, she wishes to shed that boring image once and for all, and no one seems quite as fit for the task as the gorgeous and brooding Hades. Of course, there is the minor problem of murder to deal with, but Calypso is bound and determined to have her way. 

And when a dark queen gets an idea, nothing and no one can stand in her way… 


I stopped reading 25% into it, and I decided I just couldn't do it. I have deemed it a DNF and I won't be returning to it. This is the only book I have read by this author, and I would be willing to check out another book of hers, but if they are written anything like this one...Dang, I have to say I just don't like this specific author's style of story telling.

I also came into this having read a lot of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books, which is why I even downloaded the ebook for The Sea Queen. Unfortunately, the quality and way of story telling is very different from the expectations I held.

I will give it this: this is meant to be a light quick read, and I did experience that with the 25% of it I did read. It went by fast, and it did have me amused quite a bit several times, but this is not a story for me. 

Happy reading everyone!

You can see all of Jenn's reviews on her Goodreads.

2 comments:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages on January 25, 2018 at 1:54 PM said...

I've had a few reads like this the past few months. It's a shame that not all books are for everyone.

Jovita @ Inky Impressions on January 26, 2018 at 12:11 AM said...

Sorry it didn't work for you, I've never heard of the author. I just finished a Sherrilyn Kenyon book and loved it. Great to see you back on YouTube :)

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei