Friday, January 19, 2018

REVIEW: There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins - Erin

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM
There's Someone Inside Your House
by Stephanie Perkins
Hardcover, 289 pages
Published September 26th 2017 by Dutton Books for Young Readers
ISBN: 9780525426011
Checked Out From The Library

About:
Love hurts...

Makani Young thought she'd left her dark past behind her in Hawaii, settling in with her grandmother in landlocked Nebraska. She's found new friends and has even started to fall for mysterious outsider Ollie Larsson. But her past isn't far behind.

Then, one by one, the students of Osborne Hugh begin to die in a series f gruesome murders, each with increasingly grotesque flair. As the terror grows closer and her feelings for Ollie intensify, Makani is forced to confront her own dark secrets. (Goodreads)

Rating: 



I will admit, I don’t think I’ve ever read anything by Stephanie Perkins before, so my take on this book is a little different than most. I’ve seen a lot of reviews about how a romance writer had no business writing horror. I had no idea she wrote romance, but while reading this book that side of the author definitely came out…a lot.  I’m not saying that horror can’t have a bit of romance, but with this book there were parts where it almost over shadowed the suspense. Not my favorite, but now knowing what this author usually writes I get it. Perkins had a decent plot. It was your run of the mill slasher story. There was suspense.  I wanted to know who the killer was and why. And this book definitely had me wondering in my real life“Did I leave that drawer open? Or is there someone else here???” .There was some cleverness to the killer. How he messed with the victims before killing them kept me hooked to find out more. The writing was good, no complaints there. The setting was creepy. The romance though…. Ugh! It was an over kill. And by the end of the book I really didn’t care if Makani and Ollie lived or died. I was also disappointed that we never got a real reason for the killings. The bad guys caught and the end. Overall, older teens who enjoy horror might like this book. The slasher like story is a little different than most YA books and might grab readers because of it. There is some mature content in it and it could be possibly a little scary for younger teens. Give to them with caution. 

*Book photo and/or review are owned by Erin. To see her personal blog click her signature above^*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei