Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Publication Day Review: Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Dreamland
Author: Robert L. Anderson
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication: September 22nd 2015
Cover Rating: 5/5

I haven’t read anything that has dealt with dream walking before, so I was quite excited to read this. I had high hopes and I was left unsatisfied.

 During the whole book it was very slow. Slow to the point that I wanted to put it down several times and not finish it, but I was still intrigued by dream traveling so I kept at it.

  I didn’t have a connection to any of the characters like I usually do when I read. They didn’t seem real enough for me. I had a hard time relating to them.

 The story was all over the place. It didn’t just focus on dream traveling, but so many other things and that made me uninterested. I wanted to know more about dream traveling then all the side plots. A few parts during the story we get to learn about what Odea can do, but it wasn’t enough to satisfy me.

 Sadly, I didn’t really like this book. I couldn’t get into the story fully or connect with the characters on any level. I felt the story was all over the place, which made it seem really slow. I was interested in the dream traveling, but I didn’t receive what I wanted from the book.

“Maybe everyone was walking around carrying ugly monsters and dark little corners, nightmares and broken pasts.” -Odea

Overall, I gave the book 2.5/5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei